Students riding school buses are to comply with the bus company’s regulations and are to respect and obey the driver at all times. Incidents of misbehavior are reported directly to the bus company by the driver. Please contact the principal with any concerns or questions about bussing.
Any student who plans to ride the bus to a destination other than his/her regular stop must bring two notes from a parent/guardian – one copy for the principal and a second copy to be signed by the principal along with the school form and presented to the bus driver upon boarding the bus. Learn more about Riteway School Bus.
Riteway Bus Regulations – Slinger School District
- Be on time; keep the bus schedule.
- Wait until the bus comes to a complete stop before attempting to approach or enter the school bus. Board the school bus in an orderly fashion.
- No shoving, pushing, or horseplay.
- If it is necessary to cross the road when leaving the bus, always wait for the signal from the driver, then cross in front of the bus.
- Help keep the buses clean, sanitary and orderly.
- Conduct yourselves as young ladies and gentlemen and representatives of yourself, your family, your school, and your church.
- All students will remain seated while the bus is in motion.
- Do not open the bus windows unless authorized by the bus driver.
- Hollering out of the windows is prohibited.
- Keep head, hands and arms inside the bus at all times.
- The emergency door is to be opened only in case of emergency.
- The driver will not discharge the students at places other than the regular bus stops unless the student has the written consent of his/her parent/guardian and approval by the school principal.
Buses will run whenever and wherever weather permits. In the event of inclement weather, announcements will be made on the local radio stations as to whether or not buses will operate. (WTMJ, WBKV, and WISN). St. Peter Catholic School will follow Slinger School District for school closings, late starts, and early releases.
The bus driver is in full charge. Obey him/her promptly and cheerfully. The bus driver may assign seats to riders. Conduct on buses for special trips are expected to be the same as on daily trips to and from school. The bus company will report any misconduct to the school office. Parents/guardians will be notified of unsatisfactory conduct and if such conduct persists, a bus rider may be denied riding privileges.